Monday, October 17, 2011

The beginnings of a daily log

I'm starting to keep a daily log of my progress.  I won't go into too much detail, since most of these points are self explanatory.  I'm not a very experienced 3D artist so it takes me a while to do simple things, but I'm taking my time to make the models look decent while being low detail.  This will help keep the game running smoothly.

Sunday, October 16,  ~5 hours
  • modeled the shotgun
  • started on the inventory prototype
  • made item disk graphic using Google drawings
  • started working on two dimensional collision physics
The weapons so far.  No textures have been created yet, so they seem kind of flat, round, and off-colour.

Saturday, October 15, ~10 hours
  • modeled a basic house
  • started a document containing all needed media
  • modeled a can and a recycling bin
  • modeled and animated a street light
  • modeled the pistol
  • modeled the revolver
  • modeled the nimble zombie using MakeHuman
The nimble zombie is unnaturally tall.  He is easy to see, but not easy to hit.  A more zombieish texture will come later.

Friday, October 14,  ~10 hours
  • created a simple character on the screen using Ogre
  • added direction control, animated walking
  • set up basic camera, follows the character
  • improved direction control
  • set up basic run, increasing animation speed
  • started coding the vector2 and vector3 classes
  • started coding the player character class
Using Sinbad, an mesh that came with Ogre, I created a very basic demo.  The game will be viewed from this angle.

I'll be updating my log every day to keep on track, but you can expect to see a post here about it maybe twice a week.  It will be so cool to look back upon these first few posts.  Not even I know how the game will look by the end.  I can't wait to find out!

~ John Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment